Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Are you ready to become a better blogger?



There are so many ways to improve your blogging skills and website
(which I am going to cover) but first I want to start with the
basics.
  Are you using BLOGGER or WORDPRESS?

Both services are free and easy to use which is great for new
bloggers, but in the long run they are limited from a branding and
making money standpoint.

For example, WordPress.com will not allow you to put any
advertising on your blog and with Blogger you are stuck with their
rules and guidelines.

Since they are hosted blogs, you are building up traffic to their
domain and website, not yours.

This is fine if you are new and just trying to understand how blogging
works, but if you are trying to build a brand and make money on your
website, you'll be better off having your own site.

If you want to take advantage of the benefits I just mentioned,
follow these easy steps.


Step #1
---------------
I recommend you register your own domain name if you haven't
already. I do this for all my blogs and it's really the best way to
go.

If you decide to stay with Google Blogger, that's fine. You can
use this new domain on your existing Blogger site.

Your blog will have YourName.com instead of yourname.blogspot.com.
From a branding and search engine stand point, this will be very
important down the road.

The cost of registering a domain name is less than $10 so it's
not a huge investment.

I register all my domain names at GoDaddy.com. They're the biggest
domain name company in the world.

They also offer web hosting but I have never used them for that so
I can't comment on how good they are. But for domain names, they're
the one to go with.


Step #2
---------------
Next you will need blogging software. The best blogging software to
use is WordPress. All my blogs are powered by WordPress.

If you are using Blogger and don't want to change, you can just
point your new domain name to your existing site. Read this
tutorial on how to do this.

For those of you who want to build your site the recommended way
the first time without having to worry about moving all your posts
later, you need to get WordPress.

With WordPress, you need a place to host your blog. I recommend
using a blog hosting company called Bluehost. They offer great
services and often include a free domain name with your purchase.

On top of that, they'll even install WordPress for you. Their
hosting packages start at $6.95 per month which ends up being like
25 cents per day.

Then you will have your very own website and don't ever need to
worry about changing your domain name or moving all your website
content.

Trust me, I've done it before and setting up your own website
correctly the first time will save you a lot of hassle down the
road.


So now you should be all setup with a professional domain name and
website!

0 comments:

ShareThis

floating

Chitika

 

Meta tag

Free SEO Tools

links and friends

AbgFeroZ
Photobucket

Photobucket
www.ladiesphotograph.blogspot.com http://banadurga.blogspot.com

few words!

Learning English from net maybe isn't the Best idea ,but in that time my children still were at home, and my only solution was learning English from net. During years i met so many sweet people who helped me lot with English language. I wanna thank to all and each of that fantastic friends. I started to write this post ,with clear toughs about using "Mature woman" as description of myself. Most of net users first tough about words:Mature Women is little dirty tough. But in my language is OK,even more than OK to say:I AM MATURE WOMAN! Well my dear readers I AM VERY PROUD MATURE WOMAN! TAKE IT OR LIVE IT!!!!

Your comments are welcome!!

Followers

BlogUpp!

add this

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Site Info

e-referrer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ads-oglasi

ADS Oglasi Vodeći oglasnik u regiji.

linkShare

65% off + Freeshipping Large selection of wedding dresses in a various styles are provided to suit your style

Chitika mobile

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

backlinks free

Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino